18 Feb Member Recipe – Nick’s Teriyaki Steak
Posted at 16:26h in 0 Comments
Try out Nick’s classic Japanese inspired recipe that is easy to make and delicious every time
- 2 Rump steaks
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of mirin (Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Rapeseed or olive oil
- Sticky rice (optional)
- Spring onions (optional)
- Sugar snaps or vegetable of choice (optional)
- Combine and stir together the brown sugar, mirin, sake and soy sauce.
- Rub the steak in a bit of olive or rapeseed oil, then sear it on both sides in a hot heavy weight frying pan to however you like it cooked (rare, medium or well done.)
- Drain any excess oil and add the teriyaki mix from step 1. Broil the steak in the sauce whilst constantly turning it until the sauce has reduced and caramelised.
- Once the steak has a thick shiny glaze, transfer it to a chopping board and leave it to rest for a minute or two.
- Cut into few slices across at an angle and serve with sticky rice, sugar snaps and cooked spring onions – or vegetables of your choice.
Enjoy with a glass of Beefsteak Club Braai Edition Malbec!