24 Jun Member Recipe – Joanna’s Steak with Red Wine Sauce
Joanna’s fillet steak with red wine sauce is a tasty classic that is pairs perfectly with the Beefsteak Club Malbec Can for a decadent meal for one. Check out the recipe below!
– 1 fillet steak (about 150g)
– 1 tbsp sunflower oil
– 2 tbsp butter
– A pinch of salt and pepper
– 1 tsp French mustard
– 100ml red wine
– 50ml beef or chicken stock (or 1 cube)
- Blot your steak dry with a paper towel and allow the steak to come to room temperature.
- Drizzle the oil over the steak and brush evenly on the surfaces and sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- On a very hot skillet, sear the steak for 4minutes on each side for medium-rare or 6 minutes for medium-well.
- As the steak is cooking, add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet and baste the steak every 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- When the steak is cooked to your satisfaction, allow the steak to rest for ten minutes.
- Serve with a side of creamy potato mash, grilled shrooms, steamed broccoli and red wine sauce.
To make the sauce:
- Deglaze the same pan used for searing the steak with 100ml of red wine – Beefsteak Club Malbec works perfectly in this recipe!
- Allow the red wine to simmer for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add 50ml of beef or chicken stock or 1 beef or chicken stock cube.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter
- Add 1 tsp of French mustard.
- Allow the gravy to simmer for five minutes until it thickens to the desired consistency.
Serve with a can of Beefsteak Club Malbec and enjoy!