13 Feb Member Recipe – Jayne’s Sweetheart Steak with Chocolate Sauce
Posted at 17:15h in 0 Comments
Try something new with Jayne’s decadent sweetheart steak recipe with chocolate sauce!
- 2 Rib-eye steaks cut into a heart (you can ask your butcher to do this!)
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh cracked paper
- 2 tbsp. Canola or veggie oil
- 8 oz. raw, dark chocolate (not baking chocolate)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Splash of red wine (optional)
- Set oven temperature to 500 degrees and place an empty skillet on oven rack to heat.
- Blot your steak dry with a paper towel. Allow the steak to come to room temperature.
- Drizzle the oil over the steak and brush evenly on the surfaces and sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Move the hot skillet from the oven to the stove and put this on high heat.
- Sear the steak for thirty seconds on each side.
- Put the skillet of steaks in the oven for two minutes. Flip the steak on the other side for another two minutes. Your steak will be medium rare. (Add an additional 2 minutes of cook time to each side for a medium steak).
- When the steak is cooked to your satisfaction, take it out of the oven and transfer it to a large cutting board. Allow the steak to rest for five minutes. Slice and serve with sauce.
To make the sauce:
- Combine chocolate, cream, butter, and chili in a heavy saucepan.
- Add a splash of red wine if desired.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted and texture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm over steak.