01 Apr Member Recipe – Alexandra’s Quick & Easy Steak with Blue Cheese
Posted at 12:42h in 0 Comments
Alexandra’s recipe is simple, quick and easy – a delectable steak dish that’ll make people believe you spent ages in the kitchen!
- Beefsteak (choose your preferred cut)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Blue cheese
- Rub the steak all over with a good amount of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- Take 4 oz (around 120g) of blue cheese at room temperature and use a fork to mash in about 2oz (around 60g) of butter.
- Divide it into two and leave in the fridge for about an hour to set. (You can make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for 48 hours or more).
- Serve 1-2 tsp on top of your steak whilst it’s hot.
- Add 1-2 tsp to mashed potato or vegetables and serve on the side.
For the perfect pairing, serve with a glass of Beefsteak Club Shiraz!